February 3, 2012

Wow.

Dear God,
It has taken you 3 years to answer this prayer. I have prayed for a heart for people, I have prayed that you give me patience and understanding and the ability to deal gently with people. I have spent the majority of my life not caring about people. Thinking that they were beyond help, that there was nothing I could do until they decided to do something for themselves. And I wasn't wrong. Honestly there isn't much I can do physically for these people. I can't make their decisions for them, I can't forcibly make them do what's best for their lives, all I can do is listen to them, speak truth in their lives and love them through it. I don't know why it has taken me so long to apply this technique to my life. I fully believe in the powers of the Spirit. And I never thought that loving people would be the gift you blessed me with. I find that the more I do it, the easier it is. The more I love your people and see them the way you do, the easier it is for me not to give up on them. I am flabbergasted that this is the role you would put me in. I'm equally surprised at how much I love it. There are so many people who come to me for advice, for love, and for compassion. Me? People are coming to me to show them love and compassion? You can change people God. You really can. I've told family and friends what I am doing in the dorm and how people come to me for advice and support. How people listen to what I have to say and how they see me as their safety zone. And they have told me that they NEVER would have thought that I would be the one in that position. I can't quite believe it myself. I can't believe that you would change my heart so thoroughly. I know I prayed for it. I know that I asked for it, but I thought you would only give me more tolerance for people. Instead you have given me compassion. And it's lovely. It may not seem like much to anyone else but it's life changing for me and I am just so thoroughly amazed at how awesome you are and how much work you have done in my life, and I just now realized how much work you have done. Thank You. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Mareia. More commonly known as Mernie.